Three generations of the Wallace Family have been selling real estate in Knoxville since 1936. The prestige behind the Wallace & Wallace name can be traced to decades of hard work, beginning with Charles A. Wallace and his father, James A. Wallace, Sr. J. A. Wallace, Jr. joined the firm after WWII and for the next forty years, W&W was operated by two brothers who specialized in property management, insurance & real estate sales.
In 1974, James A. (Jim) Wallace, III, son of the late J. A. Wallace, Jr., joined the firm and spent years strengthening and promoting property management and sales of quality homes in prestigious neighborhoods.
Jim’s brother, George C. Wallace, joined the firm in 1984 and along with Charles Wallace, all worked together listing and selling fine homes. Using high business standards, the trio worked diligently establishing the firm as a leader in selling quality homes and training full-time sales associates.
In March 1988, Wallace & Wallace affiliated with Coldwell Banker Residential Affiliates, Inc. This dynamic national association combined with a well-known, recognized local company, enhanced by a strong client base, gave Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace, REALTORS® a complete package with which to market real estate. In 1997, it acquired the Coldwell Banker Commercial franchise.
In April 2000, Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace, REALTORS® acquired Volunteer Realty, along with its Commercial Division — a long time standing company in Knoxville with a solid reputation. With the acquisition, Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace, REALTORS® became the second largest real estate company in Knoxville with approximately 175 sales associates in four (4) offices. The Company has now grown to 350+ sales associates in six offices.